Sunday, August 28, 2005

“KANSIAHA” by Nunelucio Alvarado


Nune was amongst the artists in Negros that make us proud as negrosanon. I admit I wish I could be like him, but we see things diffirently in life. I had always admired his works... seing the visual ang graphic content of it. I'm glad to know him personally.

NUNELUCIO ALVARADO - Born in 1950 in Fabrica, Negros Occidental, Alvarado is a member of the Bacolod-based Black Artists in Asia. He studied painting at the College of Fine Arts in U.P. Diliman. He has joined several group exhibits since 1975 and had his first one-man show in 1979. He has recieved the 13 Artists Award granted by the Cultural Center of the Philippines in 1992. He has joined several international group exhibitions held in Australia, Singapore, Japan, and the U.S.A. He was two-time Grand Prize Winner of the Philip Morris Philippines Art Awards.

 
----------------------------------------------- */