Thursday, September 22, 2005

“Prudence” 100cm x 100cm / Acrylic on Canvas

In every work lies the history of the piece from the artist mind. Let me remember painting this one...let me go back to it... I'm seeing a huge canvas infront of me, It's white and empty! What do I entend to do with it? I remember Budot Lizares once said to me, each time he faces an empty canvas... he felt liked as if he stood on a high cliff watching down what's below. I't's scary! ... but be brave then, he added. As for me... I have this picture in mind, we artists have this discretion in us to foretell, foresee what will come about to what we are about to create. Prudence is a default to us. We draw or paint after seing things in our mindscapes. After all our paintings are just mirrors of our thoughts.

Close up details.
----------------------------------------------- */